The PFI Introduction to Freediving course is an experience program that educates curious audiences on safety and problem management of freediving and breath-holding. This program does not include specific skills development or certification, but provides a foundation for people who want to understand the benefits of freediving before taking a recreational freediving course. This course teaches:
- Safety and Problem Management for Apnea Training
- Near Blackout and Blackout Management
- Introduction to Static Apnea (maximum 2:00)
- Introduction to Dynamic Apnea (maximum 25m/82’)
- Minimum age of 16-years-old
- Comfortable in water
- Good health (please take a look at the PFI medical form for any contradictions).
- There is no Open-Water training in this course.
- The schedule and layout/order of these sessions varies slightly by location. The program is typically run over a 1/2 day.