The DAN Basic Life Support, CPR and 1st Aid course prepares you to provide proper care for life-threatening illnesses or injuries until professional emergency medical care is available.
The life-support skills taught in this course include:
- one-person CPR
- use of automatic external defibrillators
- bleeding management
- assisting a choking victim
- responding to a person in shock
The first aid skills taught include:
- conducting secondary assessments
- responding to medical emergencies
This course is approved by the U.S. Coast Guard as meeting the CPR and first aid requirements for captain and mate licenses.